If you’ve read the first part of this article series, then it’s likely that you already feel like you’re steps closing to purchasing a diamond that’s worthy of the love of your life. After all, you’re looking for something flawless, timeless, and absolutely guaranteed to bring tears to her eyes when you finally propose to her.
In the first part of this two-part series on diamond-buying tips, you learned about ensuring that you get a warranty for your diamond, having the diamond certified by the GIA, and asking the jeweler if you can see the diamond loose to further inspect it for any flaws and blemishes.
In this second part, we’ll take your diamond-buying knowledge to the next level by giving you the final six buying tips you must use when purchasing a diamond. Ready for the final part of your crash course? Let’s begin!
1. Try to see the diamond before you end up buying it. If you’re buying a diamond ring from an online retailer, this might not always be an option. If this is the case, make sure that you’re working with a reputable online jewelry vendor. Check out customer service reviews to ensure that you’re buying from a retailer that will provide you with the quality and customer service you need.
2. Only buy a diamond ring or diamond jewelry from a retailer who offers you some kind of refund policy. Look for the magic 30-day return policy, as this will give you enough time to get the diamond ring, propose to your sweetheart, and determine if she’s absolutely in love with it. If not, the return policy can seriously come in handy!
3. Try to see if the diamond ring comes with a price guarantee. You want your diamond ring to be appraised for the same value that your jewelry retailer provided you. If there’s a difference, be sure to return the ring.
4. Looking for the ring to be customized? Ask the jewelry vendor if they offer this service before you end up buying.
5. If you’re buying online, look for a diamond jewelry retailer that’s based in a known diamond area, like the Manhattan Jewelry District.
6. Finally, don’t buy your diamond on just the price. You should look at the quality of the diamond, the return policies, and other factors that were covered in this two-part article series.
There you have it – the twelve buying tips you MUST use when purchasing a gorgeous diamond ring for the love of your life. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and get her the ring she deserves!